Monday 25 April 2011

Easter in our new home

The bedlam of moving is over, thanks to help from my family.  I hate to think how awful it would have been without them.  The unpacking of boxes from the apartment was 80% done...


when another shipment arrived from storage in Adelaide, where it's been for the last five years, creating more chaos!  And there's still one final shipment yet to arrive from the old apartment in New York - only a few items.  It will be lovely to have all my old familiar things around me.


My Easter gift to my son was to fulfil his dream of having a dog.  We rescued a sweet 8 month old puppy from an untimely end at the pound, giving her a "forever home" as the rescue people call it. 


We've spent the Easter weekend snuggling her, feeding her to help her gain some much-needed weight and trying hard to help our very skeptical cat learn to live under the same roof as a socially clueless puppy.