Monday 29 July 2013

Living the American Dream


I love New York.  It's my second home and I have the great fortune to travel there for work several times a year. I relish these opportunities to immerse myself in everything the city has to offer.



But last weekend it was a treat to escape from the oppressive summer heat of the city to my friend Fiona's home for a barbeque and overnight stay.

Fi's home is a reflection of her personality - warm and welcoming.  From the enchanting house with it's white picket fence and lush green garden...



...to the treehouse, fire pit and basketball hoop over the garage door...




...organic vegetable patch and country kitchen...



...her home epitomises healthy, wholesome living, American-style.


It was a wonderful weekend spent enjoying the pleasures of summer with very dear friends.